Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay On The Right Side Of The Law

When you are injured under circumstances that should be taken to court, then you need to be fully prepared in order to make your case. The earlier you get in touch with a personal injury lawyer the better. Make the time now, and review the following tips for your benefit.

Make sure that you gather all of the information you can from anyone that was involved in your injury. This means that you should get the addresses, names and phone numbers of the party that injured you as well as any witnesses that were on the scene. You should also take note of anything that is said during the time of the accident. Savannah Auto Accident Lawyer

Get a lawyer who specializes in personal injury cases. The law covers a vast area, so most lawyers choose to focus on a specific legal area. A real estate or divorce lawyer will be ill-equipped to handle a personal injury case effectively. If you already have a reliable lawyer who specializes in a different field, ask them for a referral to a trusted colleague who does work in personal injury.

There is no rush, so slow down when seeking out a personal injury attorney. Take your time and check out all of your options. Do your research for each both in person and online. The more time you take to select the best lawyer, the more likely you are to truly get the best.

If you are in pain after an accident, be very vocal about it and never try to hold the feelings in. This is not a good idea because it will give the other party leverage during a lawsuit. They will argue that you never said that you were injured at the time of the accident.

File a report with the police. Filing a police report will give you an official way to document names, date, and time of the incident, as well as the contact information of other involved parties. In many cases, this will be your official record of what occurred. This police report will also be valuable evidence should your case go to trial.

You are already in financial distress or you wouldn't be making a personal injury case. You have medical bills and lost income to deal with. You cannot pay a lot for gas or long distance phone bills on top of all that! Hire a local lawyer and save yourself a ton of money.

Speak with a bar association to determine the lawyers that are in your area that practice what you need. This will not provide you a ranking of the best lawyers, but will give you a good start on finding one. The American Bar Association is a good place for you to start this process.

If you have to miss work as a result of any injury you received, make sure that you let your boss know that this is why you will be absent. Later on you can ask your boss for a statement if you want to sue for any wages you lost as a result of being out.

Now you are ready to make that phone call. Of course, you need to use the tips you have learned to help you find the right personal injury lawyer. It is time to get your case moving, as every day really counts, and you need to be fully prepared once it goes to court.

Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C.

1 Bull Street

Suite 400

Savannah GA 31401

Comments

• Throughout the amazing scheme of things you actually secure a B- just for hard work. Where you actually lost me was first on all the facts. As people say, details make or break the argument.. And it could not be much more accurate right here. Having said that, let me inform you what exactly did work. The writing can be really engaging and this is most likely why I am making the effort in order to comment. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. 2nd, while I can notice a jumps in logic you come up with, I am not really confident of exactly how you seem to connect your details which help to make the actual conclusion. For now I will, no doubt subscribe to your point but wish in the near future you actually link your dots better.